Dr. Pages is located in Tampa, FL USA. In my opinion, he is irresponsible, sloppy and does not care about his patients. He already had one malpractice lawsuit against him, settled back in 2009. Beware!

But - he has no sanctions, disciplinary actions or board actions against him. Why is that? Aren't these professional review boards supposed to protect us – American citizens?

I wish I had checked him out years ago - he obviously does not take his oath seriously - "Do No Harm".

In my opinion, he has done me harm and will end up causing the deaths of patients and/or their families, friends, co-workers and loved ones.

I am trying to get an appointment with a doctor – any doctor – to renew my meds. Dr. Pages wouldn't even give me ONE-WEEK worth of pills to get me through so I am going through wicked withdrawal.

I suffer from Clinical Depression. I sobbed and begged and cried on the phone – told his staff I was in crisis. They did nothing.

I have been his patient for over eight years and have paid him many-a-time $125.00 cash for fifteen-minute appointments (more like six minutes).

In my opinion, he's cold-hearted as well.

But I will get through this. I'm doing the best I can.

Had an Experience with Dr Pages?

Comments

I work in the mental health field.Doctor's generally do not turn a patient away unless there is an ongoing issue.

I'm sure they recommended going inpatient or to a crisis center if you were in the shape you are stating.

Although it is difficult to hear, you must do the work for your own recovery.A therapist can only guide you.

I wish the patient's concerns had been addressed.If the doctor and patient had communicated better ( via phone, e-mail, office visit) and both parties had come to a mutual and respectful parting of the ways.

Legal or not, it's tacky and dangerous to stop prescribing someone their psych meds.By the by, I don't have any relation to the patient or the doctor.

Dr.Pages is wonderful.

I have found him to be very caring and he has helped me so much. I was referred to him by a wonderful therapist who highly recommended him and said he was very attentive and warm.

She was absolutely, 100% accurate in her assessment.A great physician!

I have been a patient of Dr.Pages for over 4 years.

He has always been available to help me and even in times of crisis. He was able to help me get out of a very difficult place with the proper medications and treatments.

I have never known him to be difficult nor not ready to help.He has always been very patient with my numerous questions.

I have worked with Dr.Pages for a year now, and have found him to be most caring, attentive and professional.

Sorry to hear this experience of yours but, having seen Pages be very accommodating, something in your account sounds off to me.

Successful therapy requires mutual respect, as well, and I would guess that if a patient is not honest about carrying out their end of the deal, then a doctor has every prerogative to "fire" a patient.My GP has also "fired" a few patients I know for refusing to follow the recommended wellness/routine health screenings, and I would do same if I were in her shoes.

Been working with Pages for almost 2 years now and I can say unequivocally that he is the most caring, nurturing, devoted physician I have ever come across.Goes above and beyond to help individuals in need and crisis.

He carries his phone with him even on vacation and responds to emails even when on vacation. I owe the world to this man for going above and beyond to save our son and in turn our family. Cannot say enough great things about him.

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience, but perhaps it just means you have a different path to take.I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

ER is probably not an option because most likely this person has a history following him/her and I'm even going to guess it's a history of noncompliant behavior with medications, whether it be pharmacy/ doctor shopping, noncompliance with taking as prescribed, multiple claims of lost/stolen/missing meds, etc. It almost sounds like a textbook case according to his/her "complaint".

Doctors don't just fire patients for no reason...what did YOU DO for him to take such drastic measures?Trust me, doctors aren't interested in firing patients for no reason, especially ones they have 8 years vested in...think about it...what would he have to gain from firing you- absolutely nothing!!!

Sounds like a situation where you broke a contact or agreement and are now suffering the consequences, yet want to blame everyone else but the person responsible- YOU.

That's the problem with the world today; no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions and instead wants to focus on who they can blame and make false accusations against.Totally not fair to those being blamed and just remember....what goes around comes around!

Why don't you just go to the ER, and they can get them refilled for you? They will give you a script to take to the pharmacy.